- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1988 OR EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“I/Me/My”||means Dr. Kear Brain, an individual trading under her own name, in the Republic of Ireland, whose registered address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6, and whose main trading address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6.|
- Information About Me
- My Site is owned and operated by me, Dr. Kear Brain, an individual trading under her own name, in the Republic of Ireland, whose registered address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6, and whose main trading address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6.
- All Cookies Used by and on My Site are Used in accordance with current Cookie Law. I may Use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of My Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Me to understand how you Use My Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you Use. Analytics Cookies enable Me to gather this information, helping Me to improve My Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Me to provide additional functions to you on My Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Me to know when and how often you visit My Site, and which parts of it you have Used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps Me to better understand you and, in turn, to make My Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit My Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit My Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on My Site are not permanent and will expire after times expiry times mentioned in the tables below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that I Use, please refer to the table below.
- What Cookies Does My Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary Expiry wc_cart_hash_# Contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. yes Session wc_fragments_# Used for remembering items you have placed in your shopping cart and ensuring cart functionality works properly. yes Session wp_woocommerce_session_# Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies. yes 1 day @@History/@@scroll|# Sends information to WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway. no Persistent _ga Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. no 2 years _gat Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. no Session _gid Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. no Session gdpr[allowed_cookies] Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
no 1 year gdpr[consent_types] Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
no 1 year __stripe_mid Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
no 1 year __stripe_sid
and the following third-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Provider Purpose Necessary Expiry collect google-analytics.com Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. no Session https://q.stripe.com/ q.stripe.com Unclassified but payment related. no Session m m.stripe.com Unclassified but payment related. no 10 years nsr m.stripe.network Unclassified but payment related. no Session
- My Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Me to better understand how My Site is used. This, in turn, enables Me to improve My Site and the products AND/OR services offered through it. You do not have to allow Me to use these Cookies, however whilst My use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of My Site, it does enable Me to continually improve My Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) Used by My Site Use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Please view their Cookie Usage Information here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-Meage.
- If you wish to Opt-out of Google Analytics data sharing, please visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of My Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that I Use. You can return to your Cookie preferences to review and/or change them at any time by following the relevant steps in section 5.3 below, depending on your browser.
- In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/ansIr/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-Me/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-ME/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-Ibsite-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/ansIr/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information
- For more information about privacy and data protection, please visit the following: