Dr. Kear Brain understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.psychology-ireland.ie (“My Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with My obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Me via My Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1988 OR EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“I/Me/My”||means Dr. Kear Brain, an individual trading under her own name, in the Republic of Ireland, whose registered address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6, and whose main trading address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6.|
- Information About Me
- My Site is owned and operated by me, Dr. Kear Brain, an individual trading under her own name, in the Republic of Ireland, whose registered address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6, and whose main trading address is Tullygarvan, Lahinch, Co. Clare, V95 Y3Y6.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and My use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about My collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data I hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data I hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Me using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Me to delete any personal data I hold about you (I hold your personal data for contact, statistical and reference purposes, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Me to delete it, please contact Me using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Me using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about My use of your personal data, please contact Me using the details provided in section 14 and I will do My best to solve the problem for you. If I am unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Ireland’s supervisory authority, the Office of the Information Commissioner.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Office of the Information Commissioner or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and My use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- What Data Do I Collect?
- business/company name
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on My Site, and the site you exit to;
- How Do I Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. I will comply with My obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1988 OR GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- My use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for My performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to My use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in My legitimate interests. Specifically, I may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to My Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on My Site;
- Supplying My product AND/OR services to you (please note that I require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring My products AND/OR services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of My Site and gathering feedback to enable Me to continually improve My Site and your user experience;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on My products AND/OR I will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that I fully protect your rights and comply with My obligations under the Data Protection Act 1988 OR GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Third parties (including Somatic Experiencing Ireland, University of Limerick, University of Roehampton, London, Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute, Zoe Lodrick, The Psychological Society of Ireland, Psychologists Protection Society, Samaritans, Sibs, Siblings Network, Co-Dependents Anonymous, Mental Health Ireland, Neff & Stripe) whose content AND/OR links appear on My Site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 13. Please refer to section 13 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that I do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Me using your personal data at any time, and to request that I delete it.
- I do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Contact form submission will be filed within My email system indefinitely. This is simply for reference purposes;
- How and Where Do I Store Your Data?
- I only keep your personal data for as long as I need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as I have your permission to keep it.
- Your data may be stored on My servers in the USA and may also be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”), on My computer systems based at My office in the Republic of Ireland. My secure servers are located at the CenturyLink Technology Solutions data centre in Boston, USA (formerly Savvis).
- Data security is very important to Me, and to protect your data I have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through My Site.
- Steps I take to secure and protect your data include:
- SSL access to My website. My servers include 24/7 secured access with motion sensors, video surveillance and security breach alarms. I also use high quality virus software at My office.
- Do I Share Your Data?
- Subject to section 8.2, I will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- In certain circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain data held by Me, which may include your personal data, for example, where I are involved in legal proceedings, where I are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If My Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- My Right to Withhold Information
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Me (where such data is held). Under the Data Protection Act 1988, no fee is payable, and I will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Me for more details through firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details below in section 14.
- By using My Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Me. Third Party Cookies are used on My Site for payment processing, marketing and statistical information. For more details, please refer to section 6, above, and to section 13.6 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of My Site and your use and experience of My Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
- All Cookies used by and on My Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of My Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of My Site may depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 13.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.10, but please be aware that My Site may not work properly if you do so. I have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary||Expiry|
|wc_cart_hash_#||Contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes.||yes||Session|
|wc_fragments_#||Used for remembering items you have placed in your shopping cart and ensuring cart functionality works properly.||yes||Session|
|wp_woocommerce_session_#||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.||yes||1 day|
|@@History/@@scroll|#||Sends information to WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway.||no||Persistent|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||no||2 years|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||no||Session|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||no||Session|
|gdpr[allowed_cookies]||Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
|gdpr[consent_types]||Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
|__stripe_mid||Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
|__stripe_sid||Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual
and the following third-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Provider||Purpose||Necessary||Expiry|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||no||Session|
|https://q.stripe.com/||q.stripe.com||Unclassified but payment related.||no||Session|
|m||m.stripe.com||Unclassified but payment related.||no||10 years|
|nsr||m.stripe.network||Unclassified but payment related.||no||Session|
- My Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Me to better understand how My Site is used. This, in turn, enables Me to improve My Site and the products AND/OR services offered through it. You do not have to allow Me to use these Cookies, however whilst My use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of My Site, it does enable Me to continually improve My Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by My Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Please view their Cookie Usage Information here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Google Analytics also offers an opt-out browser add-on at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access My Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Me