The information contained in this website is the sole property of Dr. Kear Brain. Any reproduction of this material in part, or as a whole, is prohibited without the written permission of Dr. Kear Brain.
1. Booking a Session:
The standard session cost is €80. Options are available below for an extended 90-minute session at a total cost of €150. Please select the checkbox if you wish to book an extended session.
Checkout is offered through Stripe payments to protect your card details.
Video therapy sessions are offered through ZOOM, for your convenience & security; if you prefer to chat through Skype or FaceTime, please feel free to let me know.
A direct link will be sent (to the email you submit on payment) just before your session is due to start. It is a good idea to have your email open a few minutes before your scheduled session, in order to avoid any delays.
2. How long does a session last?
- Individual therapy sessions usually last 50 minutes.
- Extended, or joint/couples’ sessions are available on request and last 90 minutes.
3. Session fees
- The fee for a 50-minute session is €80, while the fee for an extended, 90-minute (1.5 hour) session is €150.
- Therapy sessions are supplied via Zoom. If you prefer to use Skype or FaceTime, that’s no problem.
- A reduced fee for a limited number of sessions can be discussed in cases of genuine need. Contact me to discuss your circumstances.
- Consultations are by appointment only.
- Consultation fees are taken at the time of booking online and can be made by credit or debit card.
- If you book by phone then your credit/debit card number will be taken at time of booking.
- Should you fail to turn up for your consultation or fail to give 48 hours’ notice, the full fee will be charged and/or no refund given.
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given if you need to cancel an appointment. This policy applies so that Kear can offer the appointment to someone else who is waiting. If less than 48 hours’ notice is provided, then the full session fee applies.
- Clients are expected to give 48 hours’ notice of a cancelled appointment. If this does not happen, they are liable for the full fee for that session.
6. Missed Appointments
- If you fail to turn up to an appointment, without making contact in advance to cancel or reschedule then the full fee is charged as a failed appointment fee.
- If you repeatedly fail to turn up to a scheduled appointment and/or you neglect to get in touch about this or respond to any messages, Kear reserves the right to no longer see you as a client.
This policy applies to everyone.
Kear has a busy practice and cannot continue to offer sessions that are repeatedly missed as this leads to an increased waiting list for others wishing to be seen, and unnecessary wasted time for all concerned.
Frequent cancellations and missed appointments are often an indication of lack of readiness to fully face and deal with the issues that have bought you to therapy in the first place. This is ok, and it happens all the time. Kear simply requests that if this is, or becomes, the case for you at any point in your contact, that you let her know as soon as you can. Taking a break from therapy for a while can be helpful, and indeed, therapeutic in itself if it is managed and negotiated between therapist and client in an open and honest way.
All dealings with clients are dealt with in the strictest confidence and subject to standards laid down by our professional organisations, the Psychological Society of Ireland’s Code of Ethics.
8. Links to & from My Site:
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- you do so in a fair and legal manner;
- you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and
- you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
You may link to any page of My Site, with the following exceptions:
- Framing or embedding of My Site on other websites is not permitted without my express written permission. Please contact me at email@example.com for further information or requests.
You may not link to My Site from any other site, or submit user content to my site, where the main content contains material that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a person in a way that is calculated to deceive
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.